Comprehensive and Affordable Human Resources Consulting Solution for Small Business and Non-Profit Organizations
Don't have the budget to hire an HR employee? We can help!Find out more about the HR Subscription
Most businesses and non-profit organizations don’t realize they need
human resources support… until an urgent issue arises.
Imagine having the comfort and confidence knowing you have someone to guide you with everything you need to know about HR...
Never again be without HR support when sticky situations arise.
The HR Subscription provides you with resources and 1:1 expert HR support so you can:
- Have a trusted HR partner to support you when an HR issue arises (we are your on-call HR Director)
- Not "go it alone" when it comes to HR in your business/organization
- Not have to take on HR yourself in addition to your existing role(s)
- Provide the right HR training and resources to your team so they, too, don't need to figure HR out on their own
- Access any HR form or template you need 24/7 (no more Googling your HR questions!)
What subscribers say about the support they receive...
"The general advice on how to deal with employee issues and how to adequately address them was one of the biggest support resources I can mention."
"We not only handled our sticky situation, but we also gained tools, knowledge, and skills which will help us prevent other situations from happening in the future."Let's Chat - Book a Call
Did you know?
54% of small business owners handle human resource issues themselves, but most don’t feel confident in how they handle their HR issues.
When you don’t have a solid HR foundation, you open yourself and your business up to poor employee performance, low retention, and potential lawsuits.
Welcome to Expedition HR!
Who are we and who do we serve?
Businesses up to 100 employees who either do not have human resources or have an HR employee who lacks experience join the HR Subscription for approachable, responsive and comprehensive HR guidance. This is so you can get the support you need and learn what you don't know about Human Resources --- to have peace of mind and get more time back to work on your business! We equip you to handle your human resources tasks in-house (we are not outsourced HR), and we are there for you when sticky situations/problems arise!
We provide you with the tools, resources, and necessary HR learning you need to establish a strong human resources foundation. Then we provide you with ongoing, on-demand HR support to help you prevent sticky HR situations in your business.
Summary of services:
- HR Subscription, which provides expert HR support & online resource bank
- Difficult/Tough Conversation & Phrasing Training to Teams and Organizations (virtually and in-person)
- Select other comprehensive HR consulting services based on client need
What is a sticky situation?
An issue or problem which causes headaches, anxiety, feelings of dread, fear, sleepless nights, or maybe even legal repercussions. Sticky situations drain your time and energy.
Joining the HR Subscription is like having a Human Resources Director on call in your business.
You can think of our the HR Subscription as the HR coach and tool you need to establish a solid HR foundation. The subscription will equip you with the HR knowledge you need to prevent sticky situations and get time back to grow and develop your business.
HR Subscription Includes:
- HR Resources and On-demand trainings under 8 Foundational HR pillars
- 1:1 Expert On-Demand HR Support
- Customized Implementation Support
- Bank of resources at your fingertips (forms, checklists, video tutorials, templates & more!)
On-Demand HR Support for Your Business
Here are some examples of sticky situations we can help you with (and help you prevent):
- Problem employees and the anxiety you feel over having those tough conversations
- Dealing with difficult employee personalities and managing conflict
- Navigating “bad attitudes” in the workplace
- Discussing poor employee performance
- A messy, time-consuming, and costly wrongful termination lawsuit
- A discrimination claim
- Problematic romantic relationships in the workplace
Why should you work with us?
When you work with Expedition HR, you'll receive ongoing expert HR support for a fraction of the price of what it would cost to hire an entire HR team.
- Take back your time! No more wasting your valuable time trying to “figure out HR” and having to navigate sticky situations on your own.
- Reduce stress and anxiety! You will have peace of mind knowing that you are PREVENTING sticky situations before they happen.
- Save money! These are the words every business owner wants to hear. In the HR Jumpstart Program, you’ll get a solid HR foundation with on-demand 1:1 support for a fraction of the price of hiring a full time HR expert on your team.
The HR Subscription is for you if you...
- Employ 1-100, W-2 employees
- Understand the importance of HR as part of overall business success
- Need to provide HR training to an existing inexperienced HR Administrator or Office Manager
- Need an HR expert to turn to whenever you need
- Want to learn the basics of HR most applicable to your business
- Don’t know which employment laws apply to your business
- Want to assess the HR gaps in your business, to prevent future headaches
- Find yourself dealing with ongoing employee issues and don’t know how to stop the cycle
- Know you need to better document HR issues but don’t know how
The HR Subscription is NOT for you if you...
- Do not value human resources and do not think it plays a vital role in your business' success
- Want to outsource your HR administrative tasks like payroll, benefits, or general HR administrative duties
- Want to be hands-off and have your HR foundation built without you being involved
3 Easy Steps to Get Started Today
Step 3: Enroll
Visit the HR Subscription page to review the details and sign up here. Once we see your registration come through, we will reach out so we can show you around the subscription resources and how to set up support time. And that's it! You are on your way to preventing sticky HR situations in your business.
Meet Jill: CEO and Founder of Expedition HR
Jill Shroyer is the CEO & Founder of Expedition HR. She loves living in the mountains of Park City, Utah, is a mom of two, a fluent Spanish speaker, an avid skier, a rescue pet advocate, and a self-proclaimed “professional sticky situation solver.”
Jill has over 20 years of human resources experience across three industries and is the best-selling author of the book, Conquer Sticky Situations, for which she delivers training and speaking engagements about our beliefs and how they may be holding us back from conquering the sticky situations in our lives.
Hire Expedition HR, CEO & Founder, Jill Shroyer to Speak at your Next Event
Jill Shroyer is an engaging and inspiring speaker that can help motivate your team through her signature talk, "How our Beliefs Influence How We Handle Sticky Situations" as well as "Ways to Prevent Sticky Situations in Business." Jill shares her unique insights on how our beliefs can shape our behavior in challenging situations. Drawing on her own personal experience, Jill illustrates how our beliefs play a powerful role in how we react to adversity.
Jill provides practical tips for managing difficult situations, so that we can stay calm and focused when things get tough. Her talks are guaranteed to leave your team feeling motivated and equipped to handle whatever challenges come their way.
For details on booking Jill for a speaking event, email [email protected]
Don't Wait for a Sticky Situation to Happen!
Our Gift To You:
10 Tips to Prevent Sticky HR Situations
Enter your information below and the PDF will be delivered right to your inbox.
"After some rapid expansion, Advice Media was way behind the ball on HR processes and infrastructure. After evaluating a number of different options, we chose Expedition HR to guide us through this transition and implement some scalable, reliable processes. In addition to a number of other key activities like implementing a new HR/payroll platform and switching benefits providers, Jill was instrumental in recruiting, training and mentoring an internal HR resource for Advice Media. This individual has been with us for almost two years, and has become a key member of the organization. With Jill's guidance, she is a force multiplier for building our culture, growing various parts of the company, and making the executive team's lives better on a daily basis."
Bryan McGowan, COO, Advice Media
"Our non-profit organization came to Expedition HR not knowing where to turn with a really "sticky" staffing situation. We were back and forth on how to approach the issue but we kept coming to the realization that things needed to change. We also knew we needed to put better HR processes in place to prevent similar situations in the future. Jill listened to our concerns and clearly outlined what our options were and associated risks with each. We felt immediate relief after the first meeting. She outlined a clear path to ensure we took the right steps to prevent this type of issue from recurring. We love the methodical, yet approachable and realistic method that Expedition HR uses to get organizations on the right track. Expedition HR is definitely our sticky situation go-to!"
-Laurie Hopkins, Executive Director of local non-profit organization
"I have nothing but positive feedback for the way Jill helped guide us through a challenging employee situation that had been causing us ongoing stress and frustration. Jill broke down what we needed to do into simple steps, created an easy and effective action plan to quickly resolve the issue, and coached us along the way to ensure we were properly prepared. We not only handled our sticky situation, but we also gained tools, knowledge, and skills which will help us prevent other situations from happening in the future. Thanks Expedition HR, for your guidance!"
-Park City Small Business Owner
As Featured On...
Productivity on Purpose
Don't delay in checking out Mridu Parikh's (CEO, Life is Organized) amazing Podcast, Productivity on Purpose where she specializes in helping you squash overwhelm and get exactly what you want in your business and in your life by taking control of your focus, habits, and demands. In this episode, we talk about setting boundaries - at work and in life - and using the 5-step formula for handing tough situations (from the book, Conquer Sticky Situations) can help!
Secrets of Supermom
Hard conversations. Sticky situations. Tough talks. These are all things that we have to conquer as parents and that we have to conquer in the workplace.
Jill Shroyer, Human Resources expert and author of the book Conquer Sticky Situations, joins Lori Oberbroeckling of Secrets of Supermom in this episode to share a framework to conquer these sticky situations both at work and at home.
Sales Maven with Nikki Rausch
In today’s episode, Nikki and Jill talk about how to take control of sales conversations. They discuss examples of why the pre-framing strategy is a kind way to guide clients through sales conversations. Listen as they share ways to create safety and trust in sales conversations with the pre-framing strategy. Learn more about the Sales Maven Society and about Expedition HR's Subscription.
We talked about how best to address workplace issues that cause anxiety and negativity, a five step process for handling them, and how practice makes perfect with Jill Shroyer, CEO at Expedition HR and author of Conquer Sticky Situations. Listen to learn how to move past difficult situations at work!
Need to Deal With a
Grab the book, Conquer Sticky Situations,
by Expedition HR CEO & Founder, Jill Shroyer.
Learn our signature 5-step formula for handling any sticky situation!Buy NOW on Amazon